Process of visa application includes these steps:
1. Visa documents from departments and colleges (including visa issuing proposal document and visa application form)
a) Visa issuing proposal document must be submitted to the Rectorare Board
The document needs to be specified:
- Reasons/purposes of working guests ( in what programs or projects).
- The guest’s job and organization in which the guest is working for.
- The Guest’s personal information in passport as follows:
+ Name, Surname (as in passport)
+ Birth date
+ Nationality (current nationality)
- Place of receiving visa.
- Payment for the guest’s working time ( and from what source)
- The guest’s working duration.
- Types of immigration ( single or multiple entry)
- Anticipated temporary address in Viet Nam.
- The guest’s working schedule in Viet Nam
b) Visa Application Form (please find, download and print the attached document)
* Note: All documents above must be submitted to the International Relations Department 2 weeks before guest’s entry
2. What does International Relations Department (IRD) do to get visa for guests?
The procedures of getting visa is as follows:
- Checking all official ducuments for visa application consisting of one document submitted to Ministry of Education and Training and the others submitted to Immigration Office (3 copies) ( IRD asks units to correct if there are any faults)
- Sending all revised official ducuments to the Rector Board for agreement
- After receiving the Rector Board’s agreement (including Rector Board’s signature on documents sent to Immigration Office), asking for a reference number and a stamp from Department of Administration and Planning
- Sending all documents to Liaison Office in Ho Chi Minh City
- Confirming whether Liaison Office in Ho Chi Minh City receives the documents
- Contacting, submiting documents to Immigration Office in Ho Chi Minh City and waiting for results (task of Liaison Office’s staff in Ho Chi Minh).
- Following up visa requirements ( IRD’s task)
- Sending visa results to IRD as soon as receiving them from Immigration Office (task of Liaison Office’s officer in Ho Chi Minh)
- Informing the unit
- Informing the guest (if he/she is Rector Board’s guest, unit will ask IRD to inform).
* Note: IRD only carries out visa application procedures when getting the Rector Board’s agreement.
About 8 to 10 days right after IRD get the Rector Board’s agreement